Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Full Swing into Fall

It's hard to believe that only a week ago we were enjoying the beautiful labor day weather and here we are thrown into fall. I love fall and the change of colors, and I never turn down the chance to turn the heat on :)

The change of seasons is making things feel more real around the Ritter household. We were talking at dinner tonight about how odd it feels for Dan to be going to work and not school. It also feels odd that we come home to each other at the end of a long day and we no longer have to worry about those 9:00pm phone calls to each other after the minutes were free. We've been married for over three months already, but this change of season and temperature is a wonderful reminder that these changes are real and here to stay. After a wonderfully quiet summer it feels good to be settling into a routine and figuring out life as husband and wife. We are really enjoying all the stupid things you enjoy as a family, like figuring out finances (now that we have an income :) ) and routine trips to the grocery store. The time we had together this summer was great, but I am really thankful for this time of feeling more settled and comfortable in this new life together. I look forward to the comfort growing and getting better each day.

Just a quick update on life: Dan LOVES his new job. We are so incredibly thankful for it, and it makes it even better that he likes it so much. Praise God! School for me is just school. I am praying that I can continue to find more ways to enjoy it while it lasts, even while I am so ready to be done. It seems far away, but I know it will fly by and maybe some day I'll even miss being in college! It seems unlikely, but I can hope, right?!

0 comments: