Friday, January 2, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

So, we're a little slow here at the Ritter's, but we hope you all had a safe and wonderful Christmas and New Year. We have been busy running from family event to family event, but had a great time seeing everyone and celebrating Jesus's Birthday! Last night we had five of our dearest friends over to celebrate the new year and had a great time. It's hard to believe 2008 had come and gone. About six months after Dan and I started dating, one of my best friends got married. At her wedding (over memorial day weekend of 2005, oddly enough) we talked about what our wedding would be like and thought that May of 2008 would be a great time to get married because we would have both just graduated and could start our lives together. Well, I may not have graduated yet, but it is crazy that we actually got married and started this journey together just about exactly as we had imagened we would. Because May '08 was such a goal for us and our relationship, it's hard to believe it came and went so fast. 2008 has truely been one of the most blessed years of my life. I look at all we have been though between graduation, marriage, job hunting, living together for the first time... What a journey! I will remember 2008 fondly, but I am glad I don't have to do it all again. :)


So, on to a new year! We are starting our new year of looking for a house! Tomorrow we are out looking at eight differnt houses and hoping to find the one for us. It's a little scary, but we are so excited and feel God is leading us this way. We'll let you know how it goes! 

We wish you a happy, healthy and blessed new year!!

2 comments:

the misses of the blisses January 14, 2009 at 4:04 AM  

How's the house hunting going? And Im glad you two figured out that youd be getting married at my wedding :)

the misses of the blisses January 14, 2009 at 4:05 AM  

...not getting married AT my wedding.... you know what I mean. Youd be getting married after my wedding.... oh well :)