Sunday, April 26, 2009

My first Quilt

My very darling friends, the Rhett's are expecting their first baby in just over a month. I decided to make a quilt for her and give it to K at her baby shower last weekend. Here's pictures of the finished product and me with the glowing Mom-to-be!

The front


The back - I had seen another quilt where someone did the line of scraps where they pieced the back together and I loved it, so I did it too :)


The front and back together


Me and the Mom!

I had such a good time making this quilt for their little girl. Quilting is great prayer time and I spent many hours dreaming of what she will be like and of all the great things her life will hold. I hope she feels this love as she grows up wrapped in the quilt! 

Side note - the pattern is an Ingrid Barlow pattern and I love it! It turned out great and was an easy pattern to follow. I highly recommend her stuff!

I'm knee deep in another quilt for my sister who will graduate with her Medical Assistant certification in a few short weeks. I am so proud of her and can't wait to give her the quilt - I hope I finish in time! :)

1 comments:

the misses of the blisses April 27, 2009 at 1:51 AM  

Once again, I love the quilt. Are you machine or hand sewing? Im busy making mothers day purses for my mom and mom in law, so Ill be able to post pictures once they get them. :) Joann.com has awesome patterns and ideas for free too!