Friday, April 24, 2009

As seen in... Part I

We've had lots of requests for pictures of the new house, so here starts a series of pictures that will take you through our house. Today I'll take you through our kitchen, which, coincidentally, is the only finished room in the house! We are still waiting on our furniture... but the kitchen is painted (I dare you to guess what color!) and even has decorations! Without further ado, here's our kitchen!

Oops - that's not our kitchen! :) It is, however, our adorable little puppy (with a dirt covered beard) in her favorite spot in the kitchen!


Here's our dining room table. Right now it is home to a puzzle, but we do usually use it for its intended purpose. It's hard to see, but out the windows is a big part of our yard. You can almost make our the hammock between the two big trees. We have a big bonfire pit, too, that is back behind where the stove is.


It's not the world's biggest kitchen, but I love it. The cabinet's look great with my green decor too!

You can see these above the cabinet's in the last picture, but they are so cute I thought they deserved a close up. They are actually planters that Dan's mom got me, but they look really great in our kitchen!
Out this back door is our garage. There are stairs in front of the door that lead you to the basement. One of my favorite ideas was to hang up these beautiful trivets that we got as a wedding present (The three squares by the door) They all have different Bible verses on them and look too good to have hiding in a drawer. We've gotten a few laughs, though, when I pull "art work" off the wall to use for serving dinner!

It's great to have this little extra counter space! Willow loves it here because under her leash is where her food is!


Speaking of Willow's food, I can't resist showing the cute green bowls I found for her. They are actually the same color, but they look different because one of them has water in it. Underneath is one of our placemats. It became Willow's when I tried to wash it and is shrunk big time! (Who makes placemats you can't wash?!) Now it all matches and no one can tell that there is a big size difference :)

I stopped by this great produce market today and picked up some great apples. This bowl is one of my favorite things, and it looks great filled with fresh fruit!

So there you have it - our kitchen! Stay tuned for more tours of Casa de Ritter and a whole bunch of pictures of all the quilting projects I've been up to!

2 comments:

Tina April 24, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

Love the color and the idea of putting the hot plates on the wall...inventive!! Can't wait to see the rest of the house, both finished and unfinished. Congrats again! BTW, Willow is adorable!

Anonymous April 26, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

looking great - and so very Brittany and Dan :)