Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I've got the bug...

No, I am not sick. I just can't stop sewing! :)

I am lucky enough to be borrowing my Great Aunt Ag's sewing machine from my mom for a while. Dan and I brought it back to our place on Sunday night, and I am having a blast with it! I could not wait to play with it, so last night I made a pillow cover for our living room. Here's the end product (a Brittany Ritter original!)





I have sort of a love/hate relationship with it, as I do with all things I make. I like how they turn out, but I also see every flaw. For my first time using a sewing maching in a long time, and for the fact that I made up the pattern (with the help of my math whiz husband) I am really happy with it!

JoAnn fabrics is having a sale and all Christmas items are 50% off. What great timing! Here are all the fabrics I picked up. I haven't decided what else to do with them, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.


Dan's so great to let me take up all this space with crafting stuff. I guess this means I'll have to give him his "man room" some day. :) Anyway, here is my little slice of heaven - I cannot wait for winter break so I can sit and enjoy it more!


0 comments: