Monday, June 15, 2009

Sleep?

It's no secret that anyone who knows me knows that I am a terrible sleeper. It's bad. This past week has brought on a whole new bought of no sleeping that has consisted on 5 hours of sleep in the last four days. Here I sit at almost 2 in the morning and it seems there is no hope of that changing anytime soon. Oh well, it can't last forever, right?!

Last night I redid our blog, so tonight I bring you my new absolute favorite thing to pass the time. It's called Cake Wrecks. It is a fantastic website where people send in cake disasters that are some of the funniest things you'll see.

For example, here a cake someone ordered for their baby shower:


No joke - someone actually put "gril" instead of "girl"!

My favorite, though, are the wedding cakes. For example, here is the picture someone cut out of a magazine and gave to their baker as a model for what they wanted their wedding cake to look like:

And here is what they got:


I don't know about you, but I think I would cry! I go back and forth as to whether I would cry because it was supposed to be my wedding cake, or if i would be crying from laughing so hard! I imagine it would probably be some of both :)

So if you're bored, check out Cake Wrecks. I am having a blast seeing what some people end up with when they order a cake!

Oh, and if you do need to order a cake and want to avoid wreckage at all costs, do think of Brittersweet Bakery :) I hope I'll never make anything worthy of being a cake wreck!

1 comments:

avery June 16, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

I hope that person didn't pay more than a couple bucks for that cake... yikes.